Saturday, December 22, 2007

Who do You Trust?

Similar to Jim Morrison's "Who Do You Love?" the question arises "Who Do You Trust?" In all my transactions with life and others there is only one common denominater and that is ME. Self Trust and Self Love are the ultimate inner peace makers. When I trust my self then self doubt disappears. Self doubt is the war between one's head and heart. Conflict arises beteen logical rationalization and emotional feelings. I'm feeling something yet thinking otherwise or worse am I thinking I should feel a certain way? This stirs up the pot of judgements or beliefs about the ensuing choice to be made. Do I trust my logic at this time or do I go with my feelings?

According to Brian Tracy, humans choose 100% of the time according to emotions yet according to Ronald Brill and Barry Neil Kaufman our emotions are distorted by our beliefs. Often times if the conflict is too great we then seek the opinions of others. If I do this, my mind is filled with extra voices to contend with the noisy crowd that already resides in my mind. It might be best to recognize that Self Trust is listening to the blood of our Self. Instead of seeking others opinioins, perhaps I can sit still and journal to expel all negative thoughts. When all negative thoughts have been written, I can go back and invert the negative statements into positive statments. Example: Negative: I can't make up my mind about which movie to see. Positive: The movie I choose to see will teach me something about me. Once you complete the Emotional Response Technique you will be pleasantly suprised how quickly you can answer "Who Do I Trust?" I suggest we come to a decision as to how this choice brings me towards my Visions and Dreams instead of away from my fears. If I change my belief, then I change my feelings and thus my action or decision. This process teaches each of us to choose consciously and build self trust through self love without having to exhaust so much energy to get to the point.

No comments: